Our goal is to provide one-off intervention and allow families to permanently end the most crippling destitution which enable them to become self-sufficient. This will allow us to create a more stability in the community and help more disadvantaged families to stand on their two feet.
Cap Village Corner Shop supports poor and ultra-poor of the poorest Sub-districts in both Sylhet and Dhaka Division in Bangladesh. The Project aims at the community financing for livelihood support and focuses on empowering the poor and strengthening belief on self-sustainability. Eighty percent of the project beneficiaries are women. The project focuses on reducing the vulnerability of the poor to risks by enhancing skills to increase employment opportunities as well as supporting small-scale, demand-driven community investment managed directly by the rural poor.
Supporting people to move out of extreme poverty long-term, rather than just providing food, medicine or cash as temporary relief, is a notoriously stubborn challenge. Our goal is to provide one-off intervention and allow families to permanently end the most crippling destitution which enable them to become self-sufficient.
25 Village Corner Shop have been delivered successfully so far in Moulvibazar and Sylhet District and their lives have been transformed very positively giving full financial strength to live a basic life with their lovely family.
- All our research work is carried out by experienced local filed officers from Cap Foundation’s Bangladesh team.
- 250 families identified throughout so far who are at most risk with no resource of income to live by.
Monitoring and Evaluation
We have devised a report writing tool for the field officer’s to monitor the progression of their livelihood and measure success rate by focusing on the following areas:
- Improvement Living condition of the poverty-stricken
- Progress children’s education
- Future savings and investments
- Transformation of lifestyle and impact made
- Creating case studies that demonstrate success of this project
The above method is used to evaluate project outcome and success.
You Can Contribute To:
- Donate towards one Store for only £675
- Donate towards Goods/Stock
- Donate towards research and reporting
Please log in in order to complete your donation.